Update (OCTOBER 15, 2023)
Both the Single and Dual NANO Precision Detectors are available in EITHER “Through Hole” and Slide-Under-Track versions. THESE REPLACE the Tethered-Wired version.
- The slide under track comes with a 3D Printed electric box to cover the connector. This allows you to unplug and remove the sensor without digging up your scenery. The same box is used for both N and HO since the connector end is identical in size. The length of the tongue is all that varies between the two scales.
- A Friction Nut is supplied with all the “Through Hole” versions. This is snug but easily removable and keeps the sensor head in place.
- Updated software to include a “pulsed” one shot signal or a steady ON/OFF following the sensor trigger. This can be used for some fun automation for starting, stop and reversing the direction of the train.
The NANO Precision Detector 2 is the smallest, fastest, most reliable train detector available today!
VERSION 2 JUST RELEASED:
- Eliminated the screw terminal blocks – now just plug in. Easier and faster while you are under the layout!
- Easier installation with a through the top of the track drill hole. 9/32″ Hole.
- Easy to blend the sensor into the ties and track.
- 2 SIZES available for the sensor board: Short (up to 7/8″ clearance) Long (up to 1 3/4″ clearance)
- NEW Feature – “One Shot” – allows a timed delay to turn the trigger OFF while sensor is live.
NEW VIDEO UPDATE: (also shows the CTC Panel Board)
Click this link below for the video:
Sensors available with either SHORT or LONG post
Watch the Video to see how the sensor IGNORS ambient lighting conditions.
The video below has both the announcement and the installation video.
Like all our other Precision Detectors this is NOT a reflective IR (Infrared) sensor. Instead of measuring reflected light it measure the distance of an object in its viewport down to 1mm precision. That means is works in any light condition and it doesn’t matter if the lighting is constantly changing. The NANO PD allows you to set the sensing distance for N, HO and O/S with the push of a button. You can also use the Auto Calibrate more to set the sensing range form 1 to 150mm so the sensor can be placed almost anywhere.
Like the other Precision Sensors you can adjust the timeout (time delay of sensor release) to immediate, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 seconds.
The NANO has auto calibrate so that you can set the sensor distance to anything between 5 and 150mm.
The NANO is available to order today and shipping.